Property managers, owners, and operators have a lot to gain with STRATIS Smart Building powering Smart Apartments, Smart Energy, and Smart Waste. But what do the benefits for residents look like? There’s a lot of overlap for all Smart Apartment stakeholders.
Check out our videos featuring STRATIS CoFounder Felicite Moorman narrating what residents can get out of their Smart Apartments.
1. Smart Apartments enable advanced technologies in automation. These focus on convenience, while also:
- Saving money on the energy bill with temperature and lighting automation
- Providing the Scenes feature that automatically sets up the ideal room settings that residents save in the app
- Offering custom Schedules feature to automatically adjust any Smart Apartment settings based on the residents’ daily schedules
- Adding to the overall sustainability of the whole apartment building
How can smart devices contribute to sustainability? About 20% of U.S. energy consumption comes from buildings (residential and commercial), so reducing that can make a big difference.
The next two videos go into more detail about energy and waste management benefits.
2. Smart Energy contributes to reducing carbon emissions without reducing comfort. How does it do that?
- STRATIS and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL, a laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy) collaborately developed technology to digitally model and better understand sustainability in apartment buildings for the first time
- Technology is built to evolve so it can continuously adapt to policy changes and tech updates
- Reward residents for opting into demand response programs to agree to automatic minor adjustments to temperature during peak periods (like in the summer when many people use their air conditioning) and avoid blackouts and brownouts
Don’t forget about waste management as a part of sustainability. Of course we’re going to talk trash!
3. Smart Waste cuts down on trash-related fines and costs with greater visibility into and alerts to property staff about waste bin usage. How this can help:
- Stop the recycling contaminant costs that get passed to residents
- Stop dumpster overflow
- Improve recycling rates
Residents and other apartment stakeholders all can take in the advantages of Smart Apartments. Want to watch more videos about Smart Apartment? Check out our This is Smart Livin’ series.
STRATIS®, a RealPage Company, creates smart apartments and intelligent buildings and is the only platform of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily and student housing. STRATIS is installed worldwide across the U.S., in Japan, the UK, EU, and Latin America. STRATIS now serves hospitality, retail, and small to mid-size commercial, as well. STRATIS is an Inc. Magazine “Fastest Growing Company in America” and a Top Ten Entrepreneur Magazine “Best Company in America.” STRATIS was recently acquired by RealPage to enable STRATIS Smart Building, a more connected lifestyle, and unleash hidden yield through new revenue streams.