STRATIS, a RealPage company, is actively seeking an experienced and passionate QA Automation Engineer – Selenium to join our engineering teams who are creating & molding the next generation of smart building technology. Our diverse family is made-up of adventurous, multifaceted individuals who bring what they’ve learned through various walks of life to improve our products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, write, and maintain automated test scripts using best practices and industry standards, as well as perform manual testing;
- Write and execute automated test suites and actively communicate test status, including risks, issues, defects, and potential impacts;
- Ensure automation is constantly running and being analyzed, reporting on failure promptly;
- Continually develop and curate Selenium test scripts and capabilities for continuous testing of cross-platform software products;
- Assist other developers in setting up automated testing as part of daily code development;
- Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented;
- Perform setup and administration of tools used by the testing team;
- Collaborate with other team members to resolve any issues or defects;
- Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software;
- Continual learning of quality best practices and technologies;
- Provides estimates for own deliverables;
- Coordinates technical dependencies with other teams;
- Coordinate with business in understanding reported issues, requirements and expected behavior;
- Innovate constantly on existing and cutting-edge technology to build new solutions;
- Foster a "shipping" culture by collaborating with team members, understanding deadlines and expectations, and identifying roadblocks early;
- Understand and utilize our production deployment systems;
- Work effectively in an Agile environment;
- Prioritize tasks well and synchronize with the team, project management, and product owner.
- 4+ years of professional experience in Selenium QA Automation;
- Experienced with Java and at least one Selenium-based framework;
- Capable of completing thorough test scripts with minimal oversight within a reasonable time-frame;
- Able to communicate progress and blockers with team and management, collaborating to work through issues and complete tasks;
- Understand engineering best practices and productivity skills such as: source control, unit testing, code review, and agile philosophies & activities;
- Quick to learn new, complex systems and technologies.
- Solid understanding of development lifecycles, testing methodologies, and QA processes.
- Computer Science fundamentals and experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
- Proficiency in Java programming language
- Programming experience with automation scripting/tools/tests harness (Selenium, Cucumber, Appium).
- Strong debugging skills to identify software issues.
- Experience with Appium
- Experience understanding and/or testing with APIs
- Experienced in developing test plans, building tools, and test frameworks
- Familiarity with issue tracking and project management systems such as AzureDevops and Jira;
- Familiarity with CI (Continues Integration) systems.