As a Sr. Developer, you’d contribute features and enhancements to existing integrations and work with the team lead and stakeholders to design and implement new integrations to our smart access platform.
This can be 100% Remote, we prefer Philadelphia or Houston area but open to remote candidates. You WILL have to work EST time zone hours which include standups at 9 am EST.
- Plan and execute new features from concept to design and development. Provide timely responses to QA while the feature is being tested, and contribute to documentation necessary to support the feature.
- Communicate effectively with team members, across teams, and with product stakeholders. Ask the right questions to be able to understand the needs of all parties and anticipate what obstacles might slow the process.
- Present solid, well researched designs that weigh the scalability and tradeoffs in the proposed approach.
- Be a team player: Actively provide code review for team members, assist with other team members' features to help push them to completion when asked, and mentor less experienced colleagues when able.
- Provide targeted on call support when issues are escalated from our support and support engineering teams.
- Write clean, well-tested code that enhances the overall quality and scalability of the existing codebase.
This is a backend focused role on a codebase mostly in Python and Django, so you’ll need:
- Proficiency in Python or a similar backend language (e.g. Ruby, NodeJS, PHP, C#)
- Familiarity with Django or a similar backend framework (e.g. Flask, Tornado, Rails)
- Experience with TypeScript and React or similar front-end languages and frameworks used in building modern web applications (e.g. Angular, VueJS)
- Experience with deploying, releasing, and supporting software in production
- Prior IoT or hardware experience - it’s nice if you have some, but most of the time we're interacting with devices through APIs. We aren't writing software to run on the devices themselves.
Candidates can demonstrate that they are qualified by having one or more of the following:
4+ years of experience writing and supporting code that is deployed and in production.
Prior experience of designing, developing, and shipping new software features or products that have scaled as they have grown.
Solid coding skills and a strong understanding of the fundamentals of software development PLUS experience setting up your teammates for success and helping the team process run smoothly. (If this last statement describes you and you could write new features, but haven’t yet had the opportunity, we want to talk to you.)