Typically, smart devices may evoke images of smart thermostats, lighting, etc. A smart Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system may not initially come to mind, but this system can work together with other smart devices to enhance their values. For example, a smart thermostat could tell a Resident what the temperature of the room is, and a smart HVAC system could explain the cold feel of the room as a leaking duct.
So, what can a smart HVAC system do?
- Notify Staff about regular maintenance
- For example, the system could alert Property Management Staff of checkups and routine maintenance to avoid costly repairs.
- “Learn” to run the property with more energy efficiency
- For example, the system could learn the optimal amount of air and/or heat to bring to certain areas, instead of delivering the same amount everywhere. This can ensure the comfort of all areas of the property.
- Detect minor changes across a property proactively
- For example, knowing of a sudden spike in humidity in the basement could catch a leak before becoming a catastrophic flooding.
As HVAC systems are the backbone of providing a comfortable and safe living space, leveraging smart technology to not only improve but also maintain their functionality is of the utmost importance.
Want to learn about how this could upgrade your property? Schedule a demo today.
STRATIS®, a RealPage Company, creates smart apartments and intelligent buildings and is the only platform of its kind built for the complexities of multifamily and student housing. STRATIS is installed worldwide across the U.S., in Japan, the UK, EU, and Latin America. STRATIS now serves hospitality, retail, and small to mid-size commercial, as well. STRATIS is an Inc. Magazine “Fastest Growing Company in America” and a Top Ten Entrepreneur Magazine “Best Company in America.” STRATIS was recently acquired by RealPage to enable CommunityConnect, a more connected lifestyle, and unleash hidden yield through new revenue streams.